Sunnylands is open Wednesday through Sunday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
Admission and parking are free and tickets/reservations are not required. No pets. No smoking.
Sunnylands Center & Gardens first opened to the public in March 2012. Upon entering the 15-acre site, a winding driveway takes visitors through a desert art garden to the glass facade of Sunnylands Center. The spacious, contemporary building houses a rotating art exhibition, café, gift shop, and multimedia offerings that detail the history of Sunnylands and its founders, Walter and Leonore Annenberg.
Things to do
- View this season’s exhibition, Variations to a Theme: William Haines at Sunnylands.
- Watch the 20-minute film, A Place Called Sunnylands
- Explore our history through multi-media informational kiosks
- Take a self-guided Audio Gardens Walk.
- Enjoy a light lunch or beverage indoors or on the café patio
- Purchase unique items in the gift shop
- Participate in a public event or wellness activity
- Groups of 20 or more are asked to complete a free registration form before visiting
- Tour the historic Sunnylands estate.
A Painting Comes to Life
Burnett’s signature designs are habitable and sensitive, with shade, quiet, and natural elements that appeal to the senses. Twin reflecting pools filled with river stones flank the rear windows of the Center and its patios. To the west, a labyrinth winds through rows of Wedelia (Sphagneticola trilobata), creating a contemplative and quiet space.