Family Day: In the Gardens
Join us for the last Family Day of the season, In the Gardens: Birds, Bugs, and Blooms, will feature the flora and fauna of the desert.
From 9:30 am to 2 pm, the public is invited to a free day of arts, crafts, and exploration stations aimed at spotlighting the ecosystems of desert.
David George Gordon, known as the “Bug Chef,” will also be on hand. The author of The Eat-a-Bug Cookbook, Gordon will be offering two cooking demonstrations to educate visitors about the world of edible insects. He is known for creating culinary masterpieces using ants, grasshoppers, crickets, centipedes, and other insects. His fun and educational programs have proven to be extremely popular with grownups and kids.
- Bird Walks—9:30 am & 11 am (1 hour each)
- Bug Chef—10:30 am & 12:30 am (45 minutes each)
All day activities:
- Toys on the Great Lawn
- Books and games in the Center
- Studio craft—design your own insect hand puppet
- Insect exploration stations
- Self-guided family garden walk (with handout)
- SCRAP Gallery craft
- UCR Master Gardeners
- Botanical Illustrations: Cabinet of Curiosities—an assortment of natural history items on display to illustrate
For more information, please contact email@example.com or call 760.202.2234.