Wednesdays with Eve
Celebrate the centenary of the death of influential artist Auguste Rodin (1841-1917), who created the Annenberg’s sculpture Eve. This special and limited access program will allow participants to spend time sketching the famed sculpture guided by an instructor while in the atrium of the historic estate. Restrictions apply and reservations are required. No previous art experience necessary. Adults only, no children permitted.
November 8 Instructor—Jessica Schiffman's oil paintings are focused on both the landscape and the human figure in motion. A full-time artist for over two decades, her background also includes illustrations for sixteen children's books, and recently, two murals. Jessica's teaching experience includes the Idyllwild Arts Academy and Summer Program, as well as the Desert Art Center and the Create Center for the Arts. Her work can be seen at the Bill Anson Gallery in Cathedral City, and the Middle Ridge Gallery in Idyllwild. Jessica holds a BFA in painting from the San Francisco Art Institute.
- Space is limited. Reservations are required.
- Unregistered guests may not attend.
- Fee: $25 per participant.
- Register Online. Check date carefully.
- For additional information, please call 760.202.2254
Materials: Materials are not provided; participants are responsible for providing their own supplies.
Only the following materials are allowed:
- Sketch pads, sketch boards and notebooks. They may be no larger than 18 x 24 inches.
- Graphite pencils, colored pencils, Conté pencils, kneaded erasers, blending stumps and/or tortillons, sharpeners with shavings catcher, and artist chamois.
The following items are prohibited:
- Charcoal sticks, pastels, pens, loose ink, fountain pens, markers, oil crayon, paint (including watercolors), easels, stands or stools, are not allowed. Chairs will be provided for participants.
Photography inside the estate is not allowed and participants will not have access to the rest of the house.
- Participants should arrive no earlier than 6:45am and no later than 7 am. Late arrivals cannot be accommodated. You will be transported by shuttle to the historic estate at 7 am sharp and will be shuttled back to the Sunnylands Center and Gardens at 9 am sharp.
- After the drawing session, participants must depart from the Center, as it is closed to the general public and only group tours are allowed onsite.
- All ticket sales are final; there are no refunds, exchanges, or wait list.
- Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in loss of access to the workshop.