Family Day: Celebrating the Birds of Sunnylands
Celebrate the current Center & Garden's exhibition Flight Plan: The Birds of Sunnylands with a day filled with family-oriented games and activities from 9:30 am to 2 pm.
All day activities:
- Bird mask craft tables in the Studio.
- Origami crane craft tables in the gardens.
- Bird exploration stations where guests may learn about the fascinating qualities of feathers, beaks, talons, and bones of birds in the gardens.
- Assortment of toys and games on the Great Lawn.
- Bird puppets and musicians from One Grain of Sand Puppet Theater will interact with guests in the gardens.
- S.C.R.A.P. Gallery bird-related craft using recycled art materials.
- One-hour bird walks throughout the day at: 9 am, 10 am, 11 am, noon, and 1 pm.
- Two 30-minute curator-guided exhibition walk-throughs of Flight Plan at: 10 am and 1 pm.
For more information, please contact 760.202.2254 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program takes place partially outdoors. Sun protection, water, and comfortable closed-toed shoes are recommended.
One Grain of Sand Puppet Theater is a collective of artists, musicians, performers, and educators who draw from the rich ancient tradition of puppet and mask art—to share the ordinary/extraordinary stories of everyday people; to reclaim and celebrate the wealth of cultures, traditions, and folklore; and to build communities while creating theatrical rituals and processions that explore the hopes, dreams, and challenges of these times. Since its establishment in 2001, One Grain of Sand Puppet Theater has performed and provided hundreds of puppet workshops in the greater Los Angeles area.
The S.C.R.A.P. Gallery is a unique environmental art museum and engaging mobile program that delivers art and environmental education to children throughout the Coachella Valley. By using donated discarded materials, students of all ages learn about conservation, reuse and other environmental issues through hands-on exploration. The essence of what the S.C.R.A.P. Gallery does is captured in the Four R’s—Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Responsibility.