Family Day: Celebrating the Exhibition
Celebrate the 2022-2023 exhibition, A Place at the Table: Dining at Sunnylands, a display of exquisite china, linens, and tableware that highlights the passion the Annenbergs had for entertaining and connecting with others through thoughtful dining experiences.
Gather your friends and family, bring a picnic, and enjoy the day in the Sunnylands gardens designing napkins and place cards inspired by the exhibition, plein air painting, and more. From 9:30 am to 2 pm, guests can enjoy the following activities:
- 10–10:30 am: Tai chi for children and families. Begin the day in the gardens with a joyful beginner’s lesson of tai chi specifically adapted for children and families. This is a drop-in activity, reservations are not required.
- Plein air painting: Grab an easel and create your masterpiece inspired by the gardens and natural environment. Then, hang your work in the gardens or take it home with you. This is a drop-in, self-led activity.*
- Learn about the art of calligraphy and create your own place card, guided by members of the Society for Calligraphy, Southern California.
- Design a cloth napkin by printing your own unique pattern on it.
- Share your favorite family recipes with others.
- Enjoy toys and games on the Great Lawn.
- Browse books in the Center.
*Easels and paint supplies are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Guests are permitted to bring their own paint supplies.
This event takes place on February 12, 2023, from 9:30 am to 2 pm. All Family Day activities are free of charge and available to guests of all ages. Reservations not required. Admission to the Center & Gardens and parking are free.
Several activities take place outdoors throughout the gardens, weather permitting. Sun protection and water are recommended.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.